Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
AICC, a group within Amphenol, is the market leader for high speed, high bandwidth electrical connectors, assemblies and active optics for the Telecom/Datacom market. Our products help to enable the electronics revolution and remain a key enabler for all the major Tier 1 OEM’s globally. Our headquarters are located in Nashua, NH and we have design, sales and manufacturing locations globally.
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer to join our Canadian Sales Team. The position will be home-based in or close proximity to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Our customer’s ultimate success depends on our ability to solve cutting edge problems in relation to high bandwidth signal transmission. We value our relationships with these companies, and we depend on our Sales and Field Applications Engineering Teams to foster this ongoing partnership.
As a Sales Engineer you interface with our external customers and internal product development, product marketing and application teams. Sell and promote all Amphenol ICC products within an assigned territory and defined accounts, either through original equipment manufacturers (OEM customers) and/or distributors, via successful design win (AVL) activities and total channel management. Help devise strategies to differentiate our products and solutions from our competitors. Broaden customer base and increase penetration at existing accounts, including key global accounts. The role of Sales Engineer gives an excellent insight into the Sales, Marketing, Technical, and Product Development functions of the organization.
· Promote and sell Amphenol ICC products with established customers and developing new prospects
· Provide sales leadership, and work closely with Field Applications Engineer and Business Units within AICC
· Accurately represent the Voice of the Customer when organizing internal customer specific discussions
· Identify all interconnect opportunities/applications of Amphenol ICC products for clients and work with the customers engineering team to design in new products
· Develop and implement sales plan and growth strategy for territory and customers
· Meet and exceed strategic objectives and established sales quota via new design wins and management of the entire sales channel
· Motivate existing and potential customers to increase product content on the design
· Support technical aspects of the sales cycle including marketing support for the development and implementation of AICC products
· Provide customer service to solve complex interconnect problems and technical inquiries
· Track orders and revenue by customer
· Build rapport and provide customer support by supplying information related to samples, delivery dates, part drawings and specifications, quality issues, credit issues, etc.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the market and competition in your territory
· Keep informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers
· Travel required
· BS Business/Marketing with a technical background or BS Engineering with a Business/Marketing aptitude is preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of interconnect solutions industry
· 5-10 years Field sales and applications experience, or related experience (inside sales or customer service with interconnect, passive, electromechanical components)
· Knowledge of international business practices
· Knowledge of Ottawa-based Tier 1 Telecom/Datacom OEM’s preferred
· Sales skills to successfully negotiate a technical design win, approved vendor status, contracts, and customer partnership
· Technically astute with an ability to acquire extensive product and application knowledge, with an ability to assess, and provide solutions for, customer design challenges/needs
· Self-motivated and driven to identify, qualify and pursue new customers and new markets
· Ability to effectively communicate across the engineering and managerial functions of a business
· Strong oral and written communications to provide high level customer service and build relationships
· Organizational skills to anticipate, prioritize, plan, organize to meet and exceed strategic objectives
· Leadership skills to assess and drive new opportunities in a global account environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Amphenol Corporation is proud of our reputation as an excellent employer. Our main focus is to provide the highest level of support and responsiveness to both our employees and our customers, the world’s largest technology companies. Amphenol Corporation offers the opportunity for career growth within a global organization. We believe that Amphenol Corporation is unique in that every employee, regardless of his or her position, has the ability to positively impact the business.
Amphenol is an “Equal Opportunity Employer” – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or National Origin
Ouvrier peintre en bâtiment H/F Description de l’entreprise Entreprise de peinture basé à Muhlbach-sur-Munster depuis décembre 2019 Description du poste...Apply For This Job
Nous recrutons pour un cabinet d’architecture situé à Strasbourg, un Architecte ou un Dessinateur confirmé pour compléter l’équipe. Vos principales...Apply For This Job
DISTEL, leader dans la vente et la location d’équipements d’accès en hauteur dans l’Est de la France, recherche (h/f), pour...Apply For This Job
Route Service & Sales Representative Training: With the most in depth training platform in the industry, our employees get top...Apply For This Job
Provides support to a unit/department by performing reception, clerical, portering and cleaning duties. Job Qualifications Required Qualifications Medical Administrative Assistant...Apply For This Job
Syndiqué : Non Agent de vente – Kiosques et magasins (Banque de candidatures) COVID-19 : Veuillez prendre note que, par...Apply For This Job