Auto req ID: 310356BR
Position Type: Part time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the unload / load doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard.
• Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
• Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
• Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
In addition to the above essential functions, Switchers may also be required to perform Package Handler essential functions as follows:
• Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
• Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
• Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
No experience required; six (6) months of experience as a package handler or switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
•Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
•Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
•Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Address: 102 Mercury Drive
Zip Code: 61822
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P619/Champaign Hub
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: General
Warehouse & Distribution
Type of Requisition: Temporary Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None Job Family: Interns GDIT QUEST – Summer 2022...Apply For This Job
Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation, Inc. (ONR) is a therapist-owned rehab company that is nationally recognized for the quality care we...Apply For This Job
CMA LPN RN Briarwood Clinic MercyOneAnkeny, Iowa Requisition ID 2021-197497 Employment Type Per Diem Department Family Practice Clinic Hours/Pay Period...Apply For This Job
At Red Robin, we’re not your typical burger restaurant. Our fans love us for our quirky personality, and the way...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. Shifts:Overnight, Early Morning, Day,...Apply For This Job
Job Description: Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more...Apply For This Job