Pay rate: $16.93/hr
Responsible for handling the needs of customers, processing documentation that accompanies the movement of freight, and performing other administrative and customer service duties as necessary in the daily operation of the service center.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform administrative/clerical functions, including but not limited to, maintaining files, copying, imaging, answering phones, data entry, sorting/ distributing mail and/or packages
2. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
3. Provide accurate information and assistance to customers, which includes determining pick-up and/or delivery needs, problem resolution, updating systems to meet customer special handling requirements, selling company services and provide potential leads to sales
4. Enter freight shipment information into computer system to include, but not limited to, accurately status shipments, generate freight bills and/or correct freight bills, etc.
5. Administer freight pick-up process, as required
6. Assist customers via phone, e-mail and/or fax in all inquiries, including but not limited to, tracing shipments, rate quotes, tariff discrepancies, billing and/or invoicing questions, etc.
7. Make freight delivery appointments, as required
8. Review drivers’ Hours-of-Service logs to ensure accuracy, as required; report discrepancies to appropriate leadership member
9. Assist city operations, including but not limited to, checking-in drivers and processing related documentation, coordinating drop-off situations, coordinating driver collections, etc.
10. Communicate with sales, operations and other service centers and/or departments to ensure customer’s needs are achieved and all issues are resolved
11. Reconcile cash and checks collected, prepare deposits and prepare COD check remittance to customers, as required
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at [email protected].
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Description Rainbow USA is recognized as one of the fastest growing junior, kids, plus, and petite, specialty apparel retail...Apply For This Job
Financial Analyst Remote $40-$45/hr Responsibilities: Consolidate and report on monthly financial results, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Asset Management and Headcount...Apply For This Job
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,...Apply For This Job
View details TrueSense Marketing is looking for a highly motivated, creative problem solver to join our team of digital experts...Apply For This Job
Job Description The YWCA is seeking a candidate that has a strong background in customer service providing an environment where...Apply For This Job
A Kforce client is seeking to hire an Inventory Clerk in San Diego, California (CA).Responsibilities include: * Inventory Clerk tracks...Apply For This Job