Responsible for greeting patients, providing information, communicating with departments, and scheduling appointments as required. Conveys a positive image of the medical office.
1. Greets customers in polite, prompt, helpful manner.
2. Repetitively distribute forms for patient completion via clipboard or electric devices
3. Update and maintain correct patient data, insurance information and collects co-pays or outstanding balances owed NOMS
4. Answers phones in a pleasant manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously. Screens calls, takes messages, and provide information.
5. Scan documents in a copy machine or desktop scanner, identify documents, Process the fax folder and file in appropriate folders/charts
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
9. Comply with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
10. Completes necessary paperwork such as encounter forms
11. Uses a computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
12. Maintains a clean, orderly waiting area including beverage area and reading materials.
13. Schedule testing/procedures and patient appointments with other physicians whom they may be referred to as directed.
14. Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
15. Maintains and updates current information on physician’s schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly, and appointments are confirmed.
16. Oversees waiting area, coordinate patient movement and reports problems or irregularities.
17. Attends meetings as required.
18. Assists in care and maintenance of office equipment.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures, paperwork.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
4. Knowledge of business office procedures.
5. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information.
6. Skills in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
7. Skills in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
8. Skills in answering the telephone and using a multi-line telephone system in a pleasant and helpful manner
9. Ability to communicate clearly in person and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
10. Ability to organize, prioritizes tasks, and multitasks effectively.
11. Ability to read, understand and follow oral written instructions.
12. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Education and Work Experience:
1. High school graduation or GED.
2. Typing ability and Word processing/computer skills.
3. Minimum of one-year experience in a customer service setting,
4. Preferably six months’ receptionist experience in health care setting and experience with office equipment.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
Office setting, well-ventilated and well lighted. Work involves frequent telephone contact with patients. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Some exposure to communicable diseases.
Sitting for extended periods of time along with some stooping and bending. Requires sitting to standing throughout the day as required. Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Must be able to view computer screens for long periods.
OTHER DUTIES: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOMS is an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of business conducted and civic responsibility. This includes our policy of offering fair and equal opportunities to every employee or applicant for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation) age, national origin, disability or genetic information, or status as a Vietnam-Era or special disabled veteran, or any other protected classes, in accordance with applicable law.
GNC is looking for dynamic sales associates that not only “Live Well” as a lifestyle, but have the desire to...Apply For This Job
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65...Apply For This Job
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in...Apply For This Job
HIREQ is looking for an Commission Based Level Recruiter to start our recruiting process. Will be paid on a commission...Apply For This Job
We are looking for energetic, motivated, individuals to join our team. A positive attitude and a desire to work as...Apply For This Job
At MOD, everyone is free to be themselves and everyone has an equal opportunity to pursue their hopes and dreams....Apply For This Job