• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time
(occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations)
• Reports To: Ground Training Supervisor
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Occasional travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Ground Training Instructor is responsible training pilots and OCC personnel as assigned by the MGR- Ground Training. The Ground Training Instructor will conduct initial, recurrent, and basic indoctrination.
• Planning and efficient scheduling of all Ground Instruction activities.
• Developing printed and/or electronic course ware and revising training documents as needed.
• Responsible for course-ware development and course content.
• Teaching any new curriculum as required to meet the changing training needs of PSA.
• Ensures all ground training meets regulatory compliance standards and is properly documented in accordance with the PSA Training Manual.
• Provides a point of communication for students before and during Ground Training.
• Effectively and positively resolves issues related to hotel, travel, dress code, behavior, etc.
• Monitor student progress and intervene with additional training or counseling when needed.
• Responsible for making final determination regarding student performance and recommendation for simulator training.
• Responsible for maintaining operational effectiveness of IPTs, FTDs, iPads, and VSIM.
• Ensures new hire pilots/dispatchers have completed required time verifications, meet company minimums, and properly prepare paperwork necessary for all evaluations.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of experience as a flight instructor-simulator and/or airplane
• 1-2 years of experience as a FAR 121 dispatcher
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• PSA pilot experience
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
• PSA dispatcher experience
• Adult learning classroom instructor experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Multi-task projects with time sensitive deadlines
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-3185
Street: 3330 Terminal Drive
Posted Date: Oct 20, 2021 We are hiring immediately for a full-time COORDINATOR, MOVING position. Location: Virginia Mason – 909...Apply For This Job
Traffic Control Flagger – Mount Vernon & Surrounding Areas Traffic Control Protector (Flagger) BE A HERO IN A HARD HAT...Apply For This Job
V2Soft (www.v2soft.com) is a global company, headquartered out of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, with locations in Mexico, Italy, India, China and...Apply For This Job
Medical Records Clerk Position Summary:The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for processing all medical records request through prompt and courteous...Apply For This Job
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position Delivers patient care utilizing...Apply For This Job
HIRING Class A CDL Drivers At TOP OF SCALE! Local Drivers | $29.41 per hour & Transportation Drivers | $.718...Apply For This Job