West County Health Centers Inc. is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a national leader in transforming community health centers to patient-focused centers of care. WCHC has a consistent record and reputation of providing the highest standard of care within a community health care setting. WCHC provides access to comprehensive health care services at all our 8 community health center locations throughout West Sonoma County.
In addition to providing critical primary medical care, dental care and behavioral health services, WCHC also serves as a resource for holistic health to include meditation, healthy cooking, stress reduction and other classes that support communities in living a healthy lifestyle.
The Per Diem Nurse works as part of the clinic nursing team to provide a full range of nursing services including floor nursing, patient triage, phone advice, acute case management related to triage, care team coordination, patient education, and wound care.
The Per Diem Nurse’s schedule varies, but on average will work 2-3 days per week.
If you are interested in working in a progressive, patient-focused environment where staff are valued and supported to do their best work, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We offer full medical, dental, vision, section 125 flexible spending and sick & vacation benefits, along with a 403b retirement plan. WCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
1. Work collaboratively with Care Team to optimize communication, coordinate needed services and meet the needs of the patient.
2. Work with Care Team to actively manage the patient schedule to optimize efficiency and patient experience.
3. Assist in the coordination of warm hand-offs or “Transfer of Trust” between Care Team, Behavioral Health Staff, or other support services during the office visit.
4. Daily triage of site Lab/DI results and manage critical abnormal lab/DI results with onsite providers.
5. Assist with patient “Care Items” which could include: medication refills per protocol, pharmacy clarification of prescriptions, and other items as needed
6. Provide proactive utilization management for patients with acute high risk needs,
7. Prevent inappropriate utilization of emergency room services
8. Oversee Care Team Medical Assistant administration of immunizations and medications, both injection and oral within the office visit.
9. Participate in daily huddles as directed
10. Administer medications as ordered by provider: Rocephin, insulin, valium, others as requested
11. Manage/ support staff with clinic emergencies and disruptive patient behavior
12. Assist with patient transfers to ER
13. Provide Nurse Visits for designated conditions per clinical protocol (emergency contraception, may assist with UTI in preparation for provider visits)
14. Provide orientation to CPSP for new OB patients
15. Provide lactation support (as directed/trained)
16. Participate in activities related to addressing the social determinates of a patient’s health.
17. Actively seek out opportunities to assist other team members in collaboratively meeting the needs of the patient and care team.
18. Assist in the adoption and implementation of new technologies and activities that improve patient care and clinic efficiencies.
Experience & Qualifications:
Job Types: Part-time, PRN, Per diem
Pay: $38.00 – $47.00 per hour
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
830175BR Job Title: Customer Experience Specialist (Advisor) Job Category: Store Associates Store Number or Department: 000133-Arden Fair-Store Job Description: The...Apply For This Job
Overview Our Commitment to Equity The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to...Apply For This Job
Title: Clerical Finance / Benefits Location: Remote Duration: 6 MonthsDescription:Clerical Finance position – involves working with a project team to...Apply For This Job
Job Description About the positionXen.AI is looking for Director of Sales & Business Development – Healthcare, Medical, Pharma, Bio tech...Apply For This Job
Immediate hiring for forklift operator Description: Employees will be placed into the following roles: Picker (pulls products to give to...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Clerical Associate will be responsible for a myriad of critical administrative tasks including: Receiving and processing internal...Apply For This Job