The post holder will:
The post holder will work closely with:
to ensure that Elective Home Education provides effective support and challenge to families and schools in the context of effective school improvement and the Islington Education Plan.
The post holder will take a lead role in identifying ways of working with parents/carers and schools, so that more children and young people return to full time face to face education, where appropriate.
Areas of work will change over time as projects come to an end and needs and priorities change.
1. To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons / vulnerable adults in your care and those who you come into contact with at all times.
2. To receive referrals for families considering elective home education for their children and working with parents/carers and schools to reach the right decision in the interest of the child
3. To make contact with families to arrange a home visit to evaluate the suitability of proposed education provision within the framework of current legislation and guidance
4. To produce a report within one week of the visit describing and evaluating the suitability of the education to be provided -including a judgement of the suitability of the proposed programme within the parameters set out in the relevant legislation and guidance
5. To submit the report to the School Improvement Service for quality control purposes, and to the Access and Engagement Service for comment
6. To provide a copy of the report to families after approval, including any developmental points based on the adviser’s experience, either of good educational practice or the good practice of families who successfully Home Educate. The report should also give advice to families regarding transition to adulthood and routes into formal education, employment or training .
7. To provide references for families wishing to return to mainstream education.
8. To arrange a follow up visit within 6 weeks with families who have not provided a satisfactory education programme, but have the potential to do so.
9. To make other arrangements for reviewing planned programmes of work where families do not consent to a home visit
10. To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post
Closing date: Sunday 23rd October 2022 at 23:59
Interview date: week commencing Monday 31st October 2022
For further information please contact Anthony Doudle | Head of School Improvement | Email: [email protected]
The post holder is expected: