HOUSING COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
The HUD Certified Housing Counselor will provide counseling to individuals in a wide range of areas, including foreclosure prevention, loss mitigation, rental counseling, pre-purchase/first time homebuyer counseling, and financial management/budgeting.
HOUSING COUNSELOR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Prior experience working for a HUD-approved housing counseling agency preferred
· Understanding of mortgage loan modifications and use of waterfalls in determining eligibility
· Must have an understanding of consumer credit, mortgage, and financial topics
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or two – three years of financial/credit/mortgage experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
· Must be able to pass/obtain HUD Housing Counseling Certification within 6 months from hire date
HOUSING COUNSELOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide one-on-one financial coaching including sessions for action plans, budget development, debt management, review of credit report, emergency savings funds; that promote the client’s best interest or choice in their effort towards sustainable home ownership
· Monitor client caseload, which includes: developing strategies for addressing financial objectives
· Conduct follow-ups via phone and/or email to determine whether or not the client is following their financial goal plan.
· Keep detailed records of all communications, update logs after each meeting or interaction with client or lender, utilizing CMS software.
· Ensure all client files are securely stored and complete with all required documents and forms including signed releases and any other documentation in compliance with current HUD regulations and the Housing National Standards
· Assist with homebuyer’s education workshops, financial capability seminars, post-purchase and foreclosure classes, as needed.
· Follow and enforce the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling National Industry Code of Ethics and Conduct for Homeownership Professionals
· Participate in staff, counselor meetings and training as scheduled.
· Represent agency at events and seminars networking functions as needed
· Other duties as assigned by program management
HOUSING COUNSELOR KEY COMPETENCIES:
· Excellent customer service and organization skills.
· Ability to manage and prioritize different tasks.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
· Competent in Microsoft Office suite
· Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to work in a team environment.
HOUSING COUNSELOR KEYWORDS: Housing Counselor, HUD Certification, HUD Training, HUD Approved Housing Counseling, Mortgage Assistance, Mortgage Servicer, Loan Officer, Loan Processing, Loan Approval, Loan Counseling, Mortgage Officer, Mortgage Loans, Home Loans, Home Assistance, Housing Assistance, Housing, Housing Programs, HUD Certified Housing Specialist, HUD Certified Housing Programs.
Powered by JazzHR
Our busy dental practice is searching for a personable and friendly patient care coordinator to join us. Responsibilities for this...Apply For This Job
Looking to make an impact locally and nationally? Look no further! We are hiring individuals able to complete training and...Apply For This Job
Island Exterior Fabricators works at the intersection of architecture, engineering, and manufacturing. We develop tailored solutions for unique, complex building...Apply For This Job
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Restorative Aide delivers efficient and effective restorative nursing care while achieving positive...Apply For This Job
# of Openings 1 Overview The Retail Supervisor is responsible for the management of effective and efficient execution of retail...Apply For This Job
ISS PROPRETE recherche plusieurs intervenants dès aujourd’hui. Vous interviendrez principalement pour assurer la continuité des missions dans les hôtels du...Apply For This Job